BLAKE GRIFFIN BIO AND PROFILE
Blake Griffin Biography / Bio / Profile.
Full Name: Blake Austin Griffin
Date of birth: March 16, 1989 (1989-03-16) (age 22)
Place of birth: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
High school: Oklahoma Christian School (Edmond, Oklahoma)
Listed height: 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)
Listed weight: 251 lb (114 kg)
Occupation: Professional Basketball Player
Position: Point Guard
Team: Los Angeles Clippers
NBA Draft: 2009 - 1st Overall by LA Clippers
Blake Griffin awards in basketball
* McDonald's All-American (2007)
* Naismith Award (2009)
* John Wooden Award (2009)
* McDonald's All-American Dunk Contest Winner (2007)
* Adolph Rupp Trophy (2009)
* Oscar Robertson Trophy (2009)
* Unanimous AP All American (2009)
* Sports Illustrated Player of the Year (2009)
* Sporting News Player of the Year (2009)
* Athlon Sports Player of the Year (2009)
* FoxSports.com Player of the Year (2009)
* The Sporting News Player of the Year (2009)
* Coaches' Big 12 Player of the Year (2009)
* AP Big 12 Player of the Year
* NBA Western Conference T-Mobile Rookie of the Month - November 2010
* NBA Western Conference T-Mobile Rookie of the Month - December 2010
GRIFFIN'S NBA BACKGROUND
First overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft. He never played during his rookie year (2009-2010 NBA season) due to stress injury suffered fracture on his left patella. The injury occurred during the last pre-season game of the Clippers against the New Orlean Hornets.
He averaged 13.7 points, 8.1 rebounds and 28.0 minutes in seven preseason games played.
He had a successful surgery on his left knee on January 20, 2010 and was officially back with the Clippers.
Blake Griffin was given a rookie status during the 2010-2011 NBA season.
2010-2011 season: Blake is a rookie and participated in the all star game. He is the first rookie to go to the all star game since Yao Ming in 2003. He is also a participant in the 2011 All Star Sprite Slam Dunk Competition. He played both in the Rookie and All Star games.
Blake is currently averaging 22.9 points per game, 12 rebounds per game, and 3.6 assist per game in the NBA 2010-2011 season.
He won the All Star 2011 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. He jumped over a car and dunked the ball to seal the victory.